Meatless May: Day 1 – Quinoa Taco Meat
It’s officially Meatless May and since the 1st is on Taco Tuesday we thought we’d bring you a meatless taco recipe. Dana over at Minimalist Baker has such a delish Quinoa Taco Meat recipe, that we just had to share it with you.
Dana’s recipe calls for only 9 ingredients. This is such a simple recipe, as we begin Day 1 of the Meatless May Challenge.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup (184 g) tri-color, white, or red quinoa
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth*
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (128 g) salsa (slightly chunky is best – I love Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 Tbsp (3 g) nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive or avocado oil
Get the recipe directions here: Quinoa Taco Meat