How did you do on Day 1 of Meatless May? Well for Day 2 we are bringing you chicken…well not just chicken, but southern fried chicken. Monique has some really wonderful vegetarian recipes on her YouTube channel Brown Vegan.
Who said not eating meat had to be boring?
Here are the ingredients:
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen , defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups organic, unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon blackening spice or
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 package (rice paper)
- 2 cups cashew cream
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- High-heat oil such as safflower or grapeseed oil, as needed (maximum 2 cups)
Get the recipe directions here: Southern Fried Chicken